While this is an interim step, this post lists the general steps taken. I hope folks out there in the websphere find this information to be useful on some basis - I'm certain that similar things have previously been posted. Just trying to keep my toe in the water.
The general steps taken are:
- Construct the Powerpoint Slides
- Add narration to the slide
- Rehearse timings and and message delivery - got it down to 90 seconds with some effort.
- Save and backup the presentation as needed.
- Used a conversion program to convert the from .ppt to .mpg format - I used PresenterSoft Power Video ($150.00, approx)
- Converted the mpg to wmv format. I used Windows Movie Maker.
- Uploaded the wmv file to Youtube.
- Linked the Youtube video to my website homepage. My web host is GoDaddy, WebSite2Nite in this case.
You can view it at http://www.yourowncomputerconsultant.com/. Any and all feedback welcome.